Each time you travel, you expose yourself to many risks. You are particularly vulnerable if you are traveling to unfamiliar territory. Potential risks include robbery, rape, illness, hijacks and murder. However, you can minimise these risks by taking certain precautions.
Useful tips to ensure travel safety include:
- Always use safe traveling arrangements.
- Label all your Luggage pieces
- Stay in secure hotels
- Use authorized agents for financial transactions
- Be aware of your surroundings and travel in well lit areas
- Have an adequate stock of your prescription medicine
- Keep your valuables in a safe place
- Don’t get distracted when in a public place
- Dress conservatively to avoid unnecessary attention
- Don’t share your personal information in public or with strangers
- You should have contact details of close family members and emergency services
- Never accept food from a stranger
Observing these tips will allow you to stay safe as you enjoy your travel.
Find out more on Travel.state.gove